Monday, July 19, 2010

Update from Preaching on Sunday

We had church in the compound as we normally do, and about 8 of the leaders/elders of the ECS Church attended.  I shared what was put on my heart for the day, but when I finished I felt the need to also share what was on my heart the previous Sunday, which I had no opportunity to speak (we canceled church that weekend).  It was well-received, and encouraging to the elders who came.  Sebit organized a meeting with them after the service and we discussed concerns over the future of the ECS Church.  Many encouraging words were shared and the church built up.  Juda will be taking the position of pastor over the congregation.  He is a good man.  This upcoming weekend I think Sebit and I will be preaching at ECS like we were invited to this past weekend (but couldn't).

There is a woman in the clinic right now who suffered very bad burns on her legs from boiling water.  She burned about 27% of her body.  Last week she never came in past Wednesday, even though we asked her to.  Today she came in with very bad infection in many of her burns.  She will be staying in the clinic and getting cleaned/dressed morning and evening until the infection is gone.  Eventually she may be transported to the hospital in Wau, which is better equipped to treat her.

Are burns any different from leprosy in God's eyes?  Please pray for her.

No comments: