Monday, May 31, 2010

Update on Support - Almost There!

Hello friends and family,

This is an update on my support raising for my trip to Sudan beginning June 19 (eighteen days until I leave!). Thank you again to those of you who have already contributed to my trip financially. And thank you to those of you who have found other ways to show your love and support.

The total cost of my eight week trip is $4500. That includes all my transportation, lodging, food, visas, and vaccinations. I can afford to pay up to $2500 of the cost, so I have been asking for $2000 to $2500 in support from friends and family. At the time of this writing, $1821 has been donated to send me to Sudan. So I am almost there!

If you have been planning to support me financially, this week is the week to send in your donation. I have set Friday, June 4 as the deadline to have donations in the mail, so please try to send it in this week.

In the case that I pay the remaining $2500, I have saved enough money to return to Cal Poly in the fall. I also have a job secured at school in the Chemistry department upon my return. Right now I only need $179 more to reach my minimum in financial support.

Checks should be made out to In Deed and Truth Ministries. Just leave my name in the memo. Cash is fine too. All donations are tax-deductible and can be delivered to me or mailed to the following address:

In Deed and Truth Ministries
P. O. Box 51253
Colorado Springs, CO 80949-1253

Thank you for your support, your letters, and your “I’m praying for you” cards. Many of you have given even while having very little, and I am tremendously humbled, blessed, and encouraged. I look forward to this summer with great excitement. My hope is set high on the Lord!

If you are interested in the kind of work I will be doing in Sudan, visit the In Deed and Truth blog here:

Grace and peace,
Daniel Crawford

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Update on Uganda, and Support


After much prayer over whether or not to visit my Compassion child in Uganda, I have decided not to go.  The Lord made it clear to me last night to return home after Sudan, and devote my time to my family.  Maybe there is cause for discouragement at not being able to visit Mbumburi, but I have peace knowing I am following the Lord, and so is he.  One day I hope and pray to meet him, and I trust the Lord to do it.  So, my trip will remain as 8 weeks in Sudan, from June 19 until about August 13, and when I am finished I will fly home.

More support has come in, and blesses me more and more.  As of today I have received $1735.  My target is at least $2000 to $2500.  When I reach that level of support, I'll let everyone know.  I can afford the rest and still not return home broke, but I won't stop others from continuing to bless me.

Love you all,

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pray For My Visit With My Compassion Child

Hello dear friends and family,

This week I am trying to plan a visit for Uganda at the end of my stay in Sudan, so that I can meet my Compassion child, Mbumburi Moses (left).  I have been sponsoring Mbumburi for over a year and a half now, and we exchange letters with each other about once every 2-3 months (it takes a long time for them to get there and back).  He is currently 19 years old, and in every one of his letters he includes a Bible verse for me, and reminds me that he prays often for my family.  Because Sudan is just north of Uganda, I desire greatly to visit him and his family.

This week, the traveling logistics to meet Mbumburi have been made clearer, however more complicated.  I am having to look for alternate flights to make it work, along with transportation within Uganda from Kampala to his village.  Thankfully, between my trip coordinator and my friend Tyler Paulson (who is actually going with me to Sudan), God has blessed me with people who know the country and can help me with my planning.

So here is my petition: please pray for opportunity to visit Mbumburi, and that the logistics of traveling all come together.  I am likely to purchase plane tickets at the end of this week, as I cannot wait much longer to secure them.

Thank you, and God bless you,

P.S. The cost of my trip has increased some between vaccinations and transportation to visit Mbumburi--I had less clarity about this until this week. I estimate my trip will now cost up to $5000.  Half of this I am prepared to pay from savings/work, and so far $1240 has come in for the remaining $2500 necessary to go.  Thank you all who have supported me so far to Sudan!  You all build much confidence in me when I remember your prayers and support.