Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pray For My Visit With My Compassion Child

Hello dear friends and family,

This week I am trying to plan a visit for Uganda at the end of my stay in Sudan, so that I can meet my Compassion child, Mbumburi Moses (left).  I have been sponsoring Mbumburi for over a year and a half now, and we exchange letters with each other about once every 2-3 months (it takes a long time for them to get there and back).  He is currently 19 years old, and in every one of his letters he includes a Bible verse for me, and reminds me that he prays often for my family.  Because Sudan is just north of Uganda, I desire greatly to visit him and his family.

This week, the traveling logistics to meet Mbumburi have been made clearer, however more complicated.  I am having to look for alternate flights to make it work, along with transportation within Uganda from Kampala to his village.  Thankfully, between my trip coordinator and my friend Tyler Paulson (who is actually going with me to Sudan), God has blessed me with people who know the country and can help me with my planning.

So here is my petition: please pray for opportunity to visit Mbumburi, and that the logistics of traveling all come together.  I am likely to purchase plane tickets at the end of this week, as I cannot wait much longer to secure them.

Thank you, and God bless you,
Daniel

P.S. The cost of my trip has increased some between vaccinations and transportation to visit Mbumburi--I had less clarity about this until this week. I estimate my trip will now cost up to $5000.  Half of this I am prepared to pay from savings/work, and so far $1240 has come in for the remaining $2500 necessary to go.  Thank you all who have supported me so far to Sudan!  You all build much confidence in me when I remember your prayers and support.

No comments: