Monday, May 31, 2010

Update on Support - Almost There!

Hello friends and family,

This is an update on my support raising for my trip to Sudan beginning June 19 (eighteen days until I leave!). Thank you again to those of you who have already contributed to my trip financially. And thank you to those of you who have found other ways to show your love and support.

The total cost of my eight week trip is $4500. That includes all my transportation, lodging, food, visas, and vaccinations. I can afford to pay up to $2500 of the cost, so I have been asking for $2000 to $2500 in support from friends and family. At the time of this writing, $1821 has been donated to send me to Sudan. So I am almost there!

If you have been planning to support me financially, this week is the week to send in your donation. I have set Friday, June 4 as the deadline to have donations in the mail, so please try to send it in this week.

In the case that I pay the remaining $2500, I have saved enough money to return to Cal Poly in the fall. I also have a job secured at school in the Chemistry department upon my return. Right now I only need $179 more to reach my minimum in financial support.

Checks should be made out to In Deed and Truth Ministries. Just leave my name in the memo. Cash is fine too. All donations are tax-deductible and can be delivered to me or mailed to the following address:

In Deed and Truth Ministries
P. O. Box 51253
Colorado Springs, CO 80949-1253

Thank you for your support, your letters, and your “I’m praying for you” cards. Many of you have given even while having very little, and I am tremendously humbled, blessed, and encouraged. I look forward to this summer with great excitement. My hope is set high on the Lord!

If you are interested in the kind of work I will be doing in Sudan, visit the In Deed and Truth blog here: http://www.indeedandtruth.org/blog/.

Grace and peace,
Daniel Crawford

No comments: