Friday, June 18, 2010

Twenty-Three Hours to Launch!

Dear friends and family,

    Tomorrow I get on a plane to leave for Sudan!  My departure is 23 hours away!  You have all blessed me very much the past few weeks as I have prepared to leave, and I leave with my hopes set high on the Lord.

    My plane leaves Saturday morning, and I will reach Nairobi, Kenya on Sunday at midnight (2:00pm CA time).  I spend the night there at a missions compound and leave the next morning by plane for Sudan.  When I arrive in Tonj, Sudan on Monday the 21st I will remain there for two months until I return home around August 15.

    The best way to stay connected with me is to follow my blog at http://djcrawford.blogspot.com/.  You may also email me at dcarmor@gmail.com.  I should have decent access to the internet while in Sudan.

    Six other young people are flying out at the same time as me: my good friends Missy Nickerson and Tyler Paulson, two second-year medical school students from Ohio and New York (who are actually twins), a woman attending nursing school in New Mexico, and another woman who is committing two years in Sudan to serve as a midwife.  We will all meet in Kenya at the missionary house before flying into Sudan.

    I have much peace about going, and it is very exciting to see this trip come together after almost 2 years of praying and waiting.  I will be taking many pictures/video while there, and would like to host a coming-home party at my house in San Diego to share about my trip (I will likely do this again in San Luis Obispo in the fall).

    I cannot wait to update you from the bush!

Blessings,
Daniel Crawford

P.S.  There is a wonderful 20-minute documentary made by a Kenyan company covering Sabet and Suzy’s ministry in Sudan.  You can view it below.


Ministry Documentary from In Deed And Truth Ministries on Vimeo.

No comments: