Monday, July 26, 2010

Pastor's Workshop: Day One

Today Sebit invited the local pastors to come to the compound to have a three-day workshop where they can be encouraged in light of Pastor Peter’s sin three weekends past.  There were about 19 of them.  Paul led the morning session and I taught after lunch.  I preached on the subject of fear, and the reasons we have as Christians to fear nothing.  I don’t really think about how much time I’m taking when I preach; I just say what God shows me.  And if it’s short, it’s short. And if long, long.  But today I actually took the whole 90-120 minutes to preach (with Sebit translating).

The pastors were mightily encouraged, and I am so excited and thankful to see the Lord establish their hearts.  One church elder of the ECS Church, Deborah, shared that until today she feared the tragic events of three weeks ago, and even considered stepping down and returning to her village.  But today the Lord filled her heart with joy and praise.  All the pastors sang a song to the words of Psalm 95.  God is great!

They will return Tuesday and Wednesday as we encourage them more.  Not sure what to say tomorrow, but I’ll ask the Lord and He’ll answer.

No comments: